Jun 13 Sun 8AM MEMBERS ONLY CASTLE 100-Mi
RESERVATIONS REQUIRED: LIMIT OF 50
Reservations accepted beginning 8AM, June 1
No Meeting @ Palace
Ralph Valentino, ph 864-8130
Club last hiked this:
First hiked by the club on February 20, 1920, this magnificent switchback route was built by plantation workers under James B. Castle in 1906. CCC crews then extended the trail from the saddle to the summit in 1935. Take extreme care on the narrow eroded sections and look out for the bottomless mudholes.